Ireland’s Department of Foreign Affairs in South Africa is calling for applications for 2022/2023 Kader Asmal Fellowship ProgrammeThe Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme is a fully-funded scholarship opportunity offered to South African students to study at Master’s level in Ireland’s world-renowned Higher Education Institutions.
About 2022/2023 Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme
This flagship programme of the Embassy of Ireland in South Africa is part of the broader Ireland Fellows Programme offered by Ireland’s Department of Foreign Affairs. The Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme is targeted at early career professionals in South Africa with leadership potential.
The scholarship broadly supports leadership for the Sustainable Development Goals, and supporting the development of women’s leadership capacity and women’s participation in STEM are key priorities. Eligible Masters programmes in Ireland commence in the period August to September each year and, depending on the course, scholarships will run for between 10 and 16 months.
Scholarship provider: Ireland’s Department of Foreign Affairs
Degree Category: Masters & PhD
Eligible Country: South Africans
Application Closing Date: 3rd August 2022
The scholarship award covers:
- course fees,
- required flights,
- monthly allowances,
- insurance and other incidental expenses.
- Be a resident national of South Africa
- Have a minimum of two years’ relevant work experience (this can include internships and volunteering)
- Hold an honours’ level academic qualification from an accredited and government-recognised higher education institution, with a minimum grade point average of 75% – i.e. a first class honour, or second class honour, grade 1 (in some cases a second class honour grade 2 may be accepted).
- Not already hold a qualification at master’s level or higher. Not currently undertaking a programme at master’s level or higher, or be due to start a programme at master’s level or higher in the academic year 2022/23.
- Be appliying to commence a new course at master’s level in Ireland no sooner than August/September 2023.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership abilities and aspirations, as well as commitment to the achievement of the SDGs within your own country.
- Have identified and selected two relevant courses from the Ireland Fellows Programme Directory of Eligible Programmes.
- Have a clear understanding of the academic and English language proficiencies required for both courses chosen.
- Must not have applied for the Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme on more than one previous occasion.
- Be in a position to take up the Fellowship in the academic year 2022/23.
How to Apply for 2022/2023 Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme
Application for the scholarship programme is 100% online, click the Apply Now button below to apply. Visit the official announcement page for more details.