[Apply Now] 2022-2023 Larry Ted May Scholarships for Mixed Race non-white in the USA
Larry Ted May of Atlanta, GA was an educator, a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ, an accomplished church pianist, and a community activist. He worked with former President Jimmy Carter on The Atlanta Project, an innovative program to help disenfranchised citizens solve some of their own problems. He had a passion for youth to help them discover the range of their potential. He was a man ahead of his time who lived among us.
The Larry Ted May Scholarship has been created to support a student of color who will be starting their junior year in the fall of 2022.
Scholarship provider: The Larry Ted May
Degree Category: Undergraduates
Eligible Country: US Citizen
Application Closing Date: September 15, 2022
- Must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA on the 4.0 scale.
- Must file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) each year.
- Must have demonstrated unmet financial need, verified by the student’s college or university’s financial aid office.
- Must be enrolled full-time as a college junior at any four-year accredited college or university at the time of award.
- Be a person who is of a race other than white or who is of mixed race and identifies as non-white (African American/Black, American Indian – Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American, Hispanic American).
- Have a demonstrated record of community service, leadership, and civic engagement.
- Be a permanent resident of one of the following states: ME, MA, VT, NH, RI, CT, PA or GA
- The scholarship will award one student $9,680.00: $4,840.00 in their junior year and $4,840.00 in their senior year. The selected student will be awarded in the 2022-2023 academic year, and if eligible for renewal, in the 2023-2024 academic year.
How to Apply for 2022-2023 Larry Ted May Scholarships for Mixed Race non-white in the USA
Applicants must submit via UNCF’s online scholarship application portal by September 15, 2022. All parts of the application must be completed and submitted by the deadline.
– Essay – Applicants must submit a one-page personal statement online, regarding the student’s career goal interest. The essay question is posted in the application.
– A current transcript that includes Spring or Summer 2022. The transcript does not have to be an official transcript, but it must show student’s name and cumulative GPA.
– Click the Apply Now button below to apply. Visit the official announcement page for more details.