The Malaysian Government has called for applications for the 2022/2023 Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) for International Students. This scholarship programme is open to overseas graduates with exceptional academic and co-curricular backgrounds who wish to pursue further studies at premier Malaysian universities and higher education institutions while enjoying Malaysian hospitality and a world-class higher education.
The Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) program is an effort on the part of the government of Malaysia to entice bright students from all over the world to continue their education in Malaysia at the postgraduate level. This scholarship aligns with Malaysia’s ambition to become a global hub of academic achievement by attracting, inspiring, and maintaining brilliant foreign students.
Scholarship provider: Malaysian Government
Degree Category: Masters & PhD
Eligible Country: International
Application Closing Date: 15th June 2022
- This scholarship is limited to tuition fees and monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00 per month.
- Successful applicants are expected to independently arrange their travel to Malaysia (non-financial provisions).
- Travel expenses will not be provided by the Government of
- All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living
expenses in Malaysia
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for their applications
to considered further:
- Graduates from the recipient countries of MIS 2022 who:
1. intend to pursue full-time postgraduate studies (Masters/PhD) in Malaysia; or
2. are currently pursuing full-time postgraduate studies in Malaysian public universities and selected private higher educational institutions.
- Is not more than 40 and 45 years old at the time of application for Master and PhD levels respectively
- Possessing good academic qualifications:
i. Masters applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / 2nd Class Upper (Honours) or higher at Bachelor’s Degree level;
ii. PhD applicants: obtaining CGPA 3.0 / excellent results at Masters level in course related to the intended study program
- Mastering good proficiency of English Language:
i. Obtaining band 6.0 or higher in IELTS; or
ii. Obtaining a total score of 550 or higher in TOEFL paper-based test (PBT); or
iii. Has obtained previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of instructions (evidence is a prerequisite).
- Submitting a written research proposal with minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the intended field of studies
Available Course of study
Applicants are welcome to apply for any accredited courses with priorities given to courses under the following areas of study:
2. Arts and Humanities
3. Social Sciences, Journalism and Information
4. Business, Administration and Law
5. Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics
6. Information and Communication Technologies
7. Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction
8. Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and Veterinary
9. Health and Welfare *not including medicine, nursing and pharmacy
Applicants will have to provide all the necessary information and have the compulsory documents listed below scanned and saved in PDF format and later uploaded to the online application system:
i. Application Form;
ii. A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality
(with minimum validity of 6 months);
iii. A certified copy of Academic Transcript(s):
a. Transcripts of undergraduate studies (additional of Master’s degree transcript for PhD applicants)
b. Reflect the record of all the courses taken throughout the previous study programme(s)
c. Must be submitted together with a certified official document issued by the applicant’s
alma mater describing the institution’s grade system if the applicant’s transcript does not
include information on CGPA, marks or score percentile.
iv. A certified copy of English Proficiency test result (IELTS / TOEFL);
v. Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees;
vi. Endorsement Form;
vii. Admission letter from Malaysian university/higher education institute (if applicable);
viii. Curriculum Vitae; and
ix. Research Proposal