The Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) in conjunction with the MTN Foundation (MTNF) announces the entrance examinations for the Sixteenth (16th) set of the MTNF MUSON Diploma course in music for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The MUSON Diploma School of Music is staffed and equipped to meet international standards in music education. The diploma course is a full-time 2-year course offering advanced training in music with the following majors: Piano, Organ, Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Trumpet, Trombone, Percussion, Classical Guitar, Voice.
Our goal is to produce a well-rounded, thoroughly educated musicians who would qualify for direct entry as transfer students into a university to fulfill the remaining requirements for an undergraduate music degree. We strive to produce graduates comparable to those found in a Conservatoire and we have patterned our syllabus on those standards.
Scholarship provider: MTNF/MUSON
Degree Category: Diploma
Eligible Country: Nigerians
Application Closing Date: August 21, 2022.
The Entrance Examinations: 6th — 12th September 2022 and win take the form of:
– A written Examination in Music Theory at appropriately Grade 5 standard and general music knowledge
– An audition on a major instrument or voice of at least
Grade 5 standard.
- Full Scholarship
Applicants for the MTNF/MUSON diploma course in Music are expected to possess the following minimum requirements:
- The General Certificate of Education (G.C.E) Ordinary Level with credits in five (5) subjects including English Language, or
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with a credit in English Language
- The 5 credits must have been obtained at not more than two sittings and before admission to the diploma course.
How to Apply for the 2022/2023 MTNF/MUSON Music Scholars Programme
Interested applicants are to apply via the official application link. Click the Apply Now button below to apply. Visit the official announcement page for more details.