Each year, the Acumen Fellowship in West Africa selects Fellows from across sectors, countries, and backgrounds who are tackling issues of poverty and injustice, and equips them with the practices and community needed to deepen and sustain their impact.
The Fellowship begins with a year-long fully-funded leadership programme, where Fellows remain in their role while taking part in a series of immersive seminars, workshops, and group practice. This is where practical skills meet moral imagination. The programme is designed to equip Fellows with the tools, mindset, and community to tackle poverty and injustice in their communities
About 2022 Acumen Fellowship Leadership Programme
The Fellowship begins with a year-long leadership programme – where practical skills meet moral imagination. After the first year, Fellows become part of Acumen’s global community of social innovators – committed to lifelong learning, collaboration and accompaniment as they build a world based on dignity.
The Fellowship is a deep commitment and serious investment from Fellows and the Acumen Academy team. Over the course of a year, Fellows will engage in a series of virtual workshops and immersive held across West Africa.
Our curriculum draws on powerful leadership frameworks, tools, and approaches, including Adaptive Leadership, Authentic Voice, Good Society Readings, Immunity to Change, and Polarities Management
Host: Acumen West Africa Fellowship
Category: Leadership Training
Eligible Country: West Africans
Application Closing Date: 12 July 2022
Available Leadership Paths
- Social Entrepreneur: Founder of a for-profit or non-profit organization that develop market-based solutions to tackle issues of poverty & injustice.
- Organizational Builder: Supporting the growth of institutions from within (eg. Country Director, CEO, COO)
- Intrapreneur: Creating solutions from within existing institutions (eg. Team lead, Head of Dept)
What you will Learn
Fellows will explore how they can approach personal, organisational and societal challenges differently as they build the tools and mindset to:
- Lead diverse stakeholders through recurring and complex challenges
- Develop stories that speak across lines of difference & move others to action
- Understand systemic problems and design more effective interventions
- Navigate uncertainty and embrace the meaningful process of change
- Cultivate a deeper understanding of yourself and your work
- The Acumen Fellows program in West Africa is for individuals who are leading an initiative in any of these five countries: Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and The Gambia.
- English proficiency is a requirement. All seminars and training are conducted in English.
- We are looking for individuals who currently have a leadership role in an organization or initiative committed to fighting poverty or injustice on a full-time basis.
- There are no specific academic prerequisites.
- Fellows are equipped with the knowledge, support systems and skills to challenge the status quo, work across lines of difference and mobilize their communities.
- Acumen covers all fellowship-related expenses during the fellowship year. This includes all costs associated with the seminars including lodging, food, transportation, and visas.
- We do provide need-based scholarships for travel and accommodation for individuals selected to attend for Stage 3 Selection Conference
How to Apply for 2022 Acumen Fellowship Leadership Programme
The deadline for the application is 12 July. Upon application submission, our selection team will carefully review submissions and participation at each stage of the process, and select candidates who will advance to the next stage. At each stage of the application process, all candidates will receive communication from our team about the progress of their application. Click the Apply now button below to apply. For more details, visit the official website.