The Awa Prize is a contest which sheds the light on businesses and the women who lead them. But beyond this competition, the Awa Prize aims at federating a community of entrepreneurs around shared values, in order to fight against socio-economic inequalities.
Through the Awa Prize, many events will be organised at the local and international levels in order to raise awareness for men and women about the opportunities that women’s entrepreneurship can create. These events will enable progress on actions which can be developed to remove the persistent obstacles.
The Awa Prize celebrates the work of women who have a positive impact on their communities through their business. Each year, 12 entrepreneurs from the Belgian development cooperation are awarded a prize. In each category, three entrepreneurs will be highlighted and will receive the first, second and third prize respectively
– Start-up: For companies existing less than 3 years.
– Scale up: For companies existing more than 3 years.
– Innovation: For companies that innovate through their products, services or approaches.
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 24 October 2022
- Be a woman of legal age in her country of residence
- Have the nationality of one participating country (Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DRC, Guinea, Jordan, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Palestine, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda)
- Be the (co-)founder and/or non-minority shareholder of a company which has been registered for at least 1 year in a participating country
- Cash prize Up to €50,000
- Spent to support/coaching, based on your company’s needs.
- One week in trip to Belgium
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.