Google For startups has announce the 2022 Google for Startups Black Founders Fund programme for African Entrepreneurs. The fund is open to all startups that meet the criteria, with priority given to Google for Startups Accelerator & Partner program alumni.
About 2022 Google for Startups Black Founders Fund programme
We are providing financial assistance to early-stage businesses in Africa that have been started by people of African descent through the Google for Startups Black Founders Fund Africa program. In order to close the funding gap that currently exists for Black entrepreneurs starting new digital companies in Africa’s rapidly developing technological sector, our mission is to provide a solution.
The $4 million non-dilutive investment is spread among a pipeline of 60 African entrepreneurs. In addition to the equity-free funding, founders will receive up to an extra $200k in Google Cloud Credits and access to the best of Google—people, products, and processes.
Scholarship provider: Google for Startups
Opportunity Category: Grants
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 31st May 2022
- We connect founders with the very best of Google’s people, products, and practices.
- This fund will be given along with mentorship support and Google platform credits to help the startups grow.
- Non-dilutive (equity free) cash awards of up to $100,000 per startup
Up to $200k in Google Cloud credits
- Access to a network of mentors to help tackle each startup’s unique challenges
- Access to the best of Google – people, products, and best practices
Startups must be:
- Applicants must be from the following countries in Africa: Botswana, Cameroun, Côte D’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe. (These countries are our prime focus due to their active tech and startup ecosystems, but we will consider very strong applications from other African countries not listed.)
- Headquartered in Africa or has a legal presence on the continent
- Building for Africa and a global market
- Creating jobs, able to show growth potential to raise more funding, and making an impact
- Founding team must be Diverse, with at least one Black C-level founding member and Directly supporting the Black community
- Technology startups with a live product in-market or a business where technology is core to their ability to scale (the initiative is not for consultancies or not-for-profits)
- Compatibility with Google products—our products can accelerate your growth
How to Appy for 2022 Google for Startups Black Founders Fund
Eligible applicants should apply for the programme through the Google startup Application page to fill up the application form. Visit the Official announcement page for more details.