[Apply Now] 2023 BMZ African-German Leadership Academy for Young Africans
German and African professionals in their early to mid-career stages are brought together in an innovative training and dialogue program called the BMZ African-German Leadership Academy. The academy’s African partner countries include Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Zambia, Senegal, Tunisia, and Togo. In line with the goals of Africa’s Agenda 2063 and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the program seeks to foster the development of leadership abilities and facilitate the shared generation of knowledge and peer learning necessary for sustainable development. The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is responsible for funding the program and organizing and hosting IDOS (BMZ).
Twenty-five individuals representing government agencies, think tanks and research institutes, civil society organizations, and the commercial sector are brought together in this conversation and training programme to share their knowledge and experience in the field of sustainable development. Networking with German and European players across industries, as well as African institution representatives, is another benefit of participating in the project. The BMZ African-German Leadership Academy is grounded on three essential elements that contribute to capacity development: knowledge, leadership and action.
Sponsor: German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Degree Category: Fellowship
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 24 October 2022
- be a national or permanent resident of one of the participating countries
- be 25 – 40 years old*
- work on issues relevant for sustainable development and governance
- have at least three years’ work experience (non-remunerated experience is also recognised)
- have the support of their employer (written support required as part of application)
- have a very good command of the English language (equivalent to B2 level of the CEFR)
- be respectful of other cultures
- be open to teamwork, reflection and a broad variety of working methods
- Travel to and from Germany
- Accommodation for the duration of their stay in Germany
- A monthly living allowance to cover living costs in Germany
- Health, accident and personal liability insurance for the duration
of their stay in Germany
- Subsidy to help meet technical requirements of the programme
For full information about the upcoming BMZ African-German Leadership Academy 2023 please refer to the Academy Brochure.
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.