MTN Nigeria in conjunction with Pan-Atlantic University is calling for applications to the MTN Media Innovation Programme (MIP) 2022. It is a Capacity Building Programme
for Nigeria to stir innovation and equip media practitioners with improved ways of practice and create sustainability in the industry.
About MTN Media Innovation Programme (MIP) 2022
The MTN Media Innovation Programme (MIP) is a certificate course Fully funded by MTN Nigeria, run by the School of Media and Communication, Pan-Atlantic University, with a focus on the convergence between ICT and the media. The programme is designed to empower media practitioners with the essential innovative, entrepreneurial, and technical skills to enable them to do their jobs better. The focus on exploring the convergence between ICT and the media could not have come at a better time than now for Nigerian media practitioners, given the existing skill gap in this area.
The MTN Media Innovation Programme (MIP) is a 6-week long programme spread across six months for media practitioners in the Nigerian space. The programme will increase the knowledge and skill base of the participants and help them understand the changing media landscape, and how to effectively use technology to create impactful media content.
Who can Apply?
MIP is going to be a fellowship for journalists (media practitioners across the entire spectrum, including social media), and it is designed to help them build capacity at both professional and business levels, It has a transforming potential of empowering media practitioners to do their job better and drive innovation that will lead to building the needed sustainability in the industry.
The Programme is Focus on:
- The Telecoms industry
- Media Innovation
- Writing & Reporting
Programme Duration: 6 weeks
– 33 Days in Class
– 2 Days in MTN Nigeria Headquarters
– 7 Days in South Africa
– 1 Day at the Innovation Hub
Applications Deadline: May 5, 2022
What you will Learn
After the programme, participants will be able to:
- Learn the requisites for innovation in the media landscape
- Develop an enhanced grasp of the changing media landscape propelled by ICT
- Witness improvement in writing and reporting skills
- Have better insights into the telecommunications and ICT landscape in Nigeria
- Have a greater understanding of how the ICT & Telecoms industry in Nigeria works and the role of MTN Nigeria in the mix
- Be equipped to take advantage of existing legitimate means to monetize their skills in a fast-changing media landscape
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should fill out the application form online on the MIP portal. Visit the official announcement page for more information.