AAI Salzburg grants scholarships Programme is meant to support students from Africa, Asia, and Latin America who are interested in development issues and who have come to Austria on their own initiative in order to complete their education. With their decision to study abroad, the students have demonstrated a high degree of assertiveness, creativity, and mobility.
During their studies in Austria, they acquire skills and competencies which can contribute to the economic, social, ecological, and cultural development in their countries or regions of origin. As highly skilled professionals and leaders, they can induce a positive change.
Scholarship provider: AAI Salzburg
Study Country: Austria
Degree Category: Masters & PhD
Eligible Country: Developing Countries
Application Closing Date: 31. July 2021
- The One World Scholarship Programme supports Master’s and PhD students at public universities or universities of applied sciences in the regions of Salzburg and Tyrol with a partial scholarship.
- Students at Master’s level receive 500 € per month, at Ph.D. level 550 € during the semester.
- The maximum duration is the prescribed duration of the curriculum plus one semester. The OWS is conceived as a comprehensive programme, which comprises scholarships and special study expenses, extracurricular training, and follow-up contacts.
- Nationality of a non-European developing country (country list)
- Admission to a Master or PhD programme at a university or university of applied sciences in Salzburg or Tyrol (Uni Salzburg, Uni Innsbruck, FH Salzburg, MCI, FH Kufstein)
- for PhD students: approved disposition
- age limit: Master studies max. 30 years (mothers: 35 years), PhD studies max. 35 years (mothers: 40 years) at the time of application
- residence permit “student”
– curriculum vitae
– letter of motivation
– residence permit (or at least visa if not yet in Austria)
– account statement covering the past 3 months
– certificate of admission and confirmation of enrolment
– examinations taken and results of current studies
for Master students:
– Bachelor’s diploma + translation (if original is in a language other than English, French or Spanish)
– abstract of Bachelor thesis
for PhD students:
– Master’s diploma + translation (if original is in a language other than English, French or Spanish)
– abstract of Master thesis
– opinion of an academic supervisor
– detailed description of the research project and its contribution to the development of practice or discourse
How to Apply for AAI Salzburg grants scholarships
- Use the online form provided for this purpose to apply.
- Please send required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by using a free data transfer
- After your application has been reviewed, you will be invited for an online-interview
- The decision is taken by the scholarship committee in mid-August. You will be informed about the decision shortly after.
- To apply, click the ‘Apply Button below. Visit the Official Announcement page for more details.