The U.S. Embassy Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) launched the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs(AWE), an initiative supporting women entrepreneurs around the world.
The Academy, in support of the White House-led Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative(W-GDP), will equip women with the practical skills needed to create sustainable businesses and enterprises. AWE is committed to providing women with the knowledge, tools, and networks that they need to turn their ideas into a successful business.
Through facilitated online learning, women in Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean, as well as Papua New Guinea and Spain will further their business skills, network with mentors, and see their ideas into reality. AWE seeks to promote collective economic prosperity and global stability by creating a holistic, inclusive learning community to advance the development of women with brilliant ideas into successful entrepreneurs.
Organization: The U.S. Embassy
Eligible Country: Ugandans
Application Closing Date: 22nd Oct 2022
- Based in Kampala, Arua, Lira and surrounding districts
- Are aged 25 – 40 years
- Have 1 – 5 years of business experience
- Own or manage a business that is for profit and legally registered either with Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) and/or local authorities.
- Have the potential to expand and grow your business with our support
- Are fluent in English
- Are computer literate and have reliable access to an internet-connected computer or smartphone
- Acquiring new business knowledge and skills from the facilitated Dreambuilder program
- Access to funding from the United States African Development Foundation(USADF)
- Access to funding from the SHONA Loan Facility, investing 12-month uncollateralized loans of between Ugx. 3.5 million – Ugx. 35 million
- Joining the US Embassy Network including: alumni of US government exchange programs, other AWE alumni, local American business experts, business experts from the Ugandan branches of American companies and others.
- Access to markets
- Access to additional Business Development Support services, including SHONA’s programs
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.