ACEP is calling for applications for the third cohort of its ACEP Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program. The NextGen Leaders will deliver timely and quality evidence-based policy analysis, training, and advocacy through strong collaborations, ensuring that the ACEP remains a thought-leader in Africa’s energy and the extractive policy space.
The Africa Centre for Energy Policy (ACEP) was established in 2010 to contribute to development of alternative and innovative policy interventions through high quality research, analysis and advocacy in the energy and extractives sector in Africa. The focus of the organisation is to create strong connection between research evidence and advocacy which was limited at the time to increase transparency and accountability around energy and extractive sector governance in the region.
The Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program is an internship that lasts for a period of six months and is designed to provide participants with the necessary multi-disciplinary intellectual growth, practical skills, and research ability to conceive of more inventive methods to handle difficult governance issues. The program aims to strike a balance between the theoretical and the practical aspects of resource governance. With this plan, the Program will also ensure that young African leaders have an opportunity to take on leadership roles in their respective countries in the long term.
These will include training on transformational leadership development, professional and career development, and digital communication and technology skills. Essentially, beyond the technical training in resource governance, interns will be exposed to the tools and guidance needed to set and achieve realistic personal and professional goals, coupled with well-rounded and ethical leadership training.
Scholarship provider: African Centre for Energy Policies
Opportunity Category: Internship
Eligible Countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone
Programme Duration: Six (6) Months
Application Closing Date: 10th June 2022
ACEP will provide:
- Support for growth and development through:
- Opportunities for training and development.
- Coaching, mentorship, and peer support create creativity and innovation room.
- A generous stipend and free lunch for the duration of the internship.
- Decent accommodation for international interns.
- Applicants must be a young African who demonstrates a passion for ensuring the vast extractive resources in Africa translates to sustainable and inclusive development. Among others, the candidate must possess:
- Relevant academic qualifications, preferably in any or a combination of economics (including energy), engineering (petroleum/electrical), oil and gas management, public policy, law, political economy, development studies, development finance, project management, communications, statistics, and mathematics etc.
- Good writing skills with clarity and logical flow of thought.
- Adequate knowledge of relevant qualitative and quantitative analytical tools (R, Stata, Eviews, NVivo, Atlas.ti etc.).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- The ability to think creatively and take the initiative in solving problems.
- A good sense of ownership and responsibility for his/her decisions and actions.
- A strong sense of leadership.
– CV / Resume
– Introductory / Recommendation Letter (Academic, Professional, or Character)*
– Proof of Residency / Work Permit (Only for Non-Ghanaians)
– National Service Certificate (If Applicable)
How to Apply for 2022 ACEP Next Generation Resource Governance Leaders Program
Interested applicants that meet the eligibility criteria are to submit their applications on the application portal. There would be an entry test and an interview as part of the recruitment process. Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted. Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to apply. Visit the ACEP official announcement page for more details.