The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) is a Multilateral Financial Institution established to finance and promote intra and extra-African trade. The shareholders comprise African governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African private and institutional investors.
The Bank was established under the twin constitutive instruments of an Agreement signed by member states and multilateral organizations which confers the status of an international organisation on the Bank, as well as a charter, governing its corporate structure and operations and signed by all shareholders.
The internships are offered for up to a maximum of six months twice a year (June and December). Applications for internships are received throughout the year.
Host: Afrexim Bank
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: On-going
- Before commencement, coverage of reasonable return fare transport costs to their internship location using the most economic and direct routing from their institution of learning, in line with the Bank’s travel policy;
- A monthly tax free stipend of USD 800 payable at the end of each month, to help defray living costs;
- Accommodation in a hotel chosen by the Bank (bed and breakfast only) for one week during the induction period, on arrival to the internship location for interns, basing on their previous location;
- Transfer to the hotel on arrival and vice versa on departure at the end of a successful internship programme; and
- Relevant visa for the duration of the internship programme, if so required.
- Students with proven enrollment in full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study programmes in a recognised institution of learning in the internship year are preferred. The Bank will be especially interested in candidates whose field of study is in the following fields: economics, business administration, finance, accounting, social sciences, statistics, law or related fields;
- Nationals of the Bank’s member states;
- Fluency in English or French and a working knowledge of the other. Knowledge of Arabic or Portuguese will be an added advantage; and
- Candidates must be aged between 20 and 32 in the year in which they apply for the internship;
- Any other applicants as may be approved by the President;
- Children of Afreximbank staff are not eligible to participate in this programme.
- Letter of application;
- copy of their current CV;
- copy of valid passport ;
- certified copies of relevant academic certificates;
- recommendation for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending. This should include the proposed period of internship up to a maximum of six months;
Short Statement of Intent (maximum of 1 A4 page) indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship programme
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.