The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program in partnership with the Africa Oxford Initiative has announced the commencement of application for the 2023 Mastercard Foundation AfOx Fully Funded Scholarships for Africans at the University of Oxford
Under the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program and the Africa Oxford Initiative, the University of Oxford and the Mastercard Foundation have formed a unique and lofty cooperation (AfOx). As a result of this agreement, 400 promising young African students will be able to attend the University of Oxford on a full scholarship to study for a taught Master’s degree in a program relevant to pandemic preparedness and recovery.
The Scholars will spend a year at Oxford pursuing a demanding taught Master’s program designed to provide them with cutting-edge technical knowledge, entrepreneurial and leadership experience, and access to the university’s world-class resources in their fields. The scholarship program prioritizes students’ success by providing them with financial aid, counseling, and mentoring throughout their academic careers. All Scholars will get top-notch education in fields including food and health sciences, sustainable water and energy systems, public policy and administration, and entrepreneurship, among many others. Their initiatives will focus on Africa’s Agenda 2063 and the Sustainable Development Goals’ four AfOx themes: Healthy People, Integrated Societies, Green Futures, and Innovation for Prosperity.
Scholarship provider: MasterCard Foundation
Degree Category: Masters
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: On-going
This full-cost scholarship is available to Master’s students, covering:
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses for international students.
- An economy return flight
- Visa and Immigration Health Surcharge fees
- Settling down allowance
- Access to a Thrive Fund for emergencies.
- After finishing their Master’s Program, Scholars will be sponsored to work for 4-6 months in top African organizations for their Ubuntu Period of Service. Scholars will participate in projects across Africa and get guidance from prominent researchers and practitioners in the region. This will help them pave the road for meaningful careers on the continent.
- All students with an African nationality and residence who receive a conditional offer from the University will be eligible for the scholarship.
- Candidate must have applied and been given an unconditional admission offer at the University of Oxford
To be considered for this scholarship, submit your application to the University of Oxford via the graduate admissions portal by the deadline for your chosen course of study and indicate that you wish to apply for AfOx funding.
Eligible candidates who receive a conditional offer from their course will be then invited to apply for the AfOx Graduate Scholarship Program.
Please read the Application Guide in detail ahead of making the application.
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.