AMMI is a novel fully funded one-year intensive graduate program that provides brilliant young Africans with state-of-the-art training in machine learning and its applications. The AMMI program prepares well rounded machine intelligence researchers who respond to both present and future needs of Africa and the world.
The African Masters of Machine Intelligence (AMMI) will prepare well rounded Machine Intelligence (MI) researchers by focusing on basic research in MI as well as the development of a vast array of applications that respond to both present and future needs of Africa and the world. AMMI graduates will go on to create and/or join the best industrial and public R&D labs in Africa and beyond therefore strengthening the African MI community and the scientific community at large, achieving crucial breakthroughs for the global good.
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is a Pan-African network of centers of excellence for post-graduate training, research and public engagement in mathematical sciences. We enable Africa’s brightest students to become innovators that propel scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency.
Scholarship provider: The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
Degree Category: Masters
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 31 August 2022
The minimum admission requirements are:
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or a recognized equivalent from an accredited institution;
- A satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum average of B (or 80%) or better is required;
- Interest and/or background in artificial intelligence, machine learning etc. demonstrated in courses taken and projects undertaken;
- Consent to mentor an undergraduate student at your previous institution while enrolled at AMMI; Consent to mentor an AMMI student after graduation;
- Strong interest in solving national or continental problems using science and technology.
- For more detailed information on acceptance documents, please contact the AMMI Admissions Office
Note: Your Original degrees, diplomas, academic certificates and transcripts should be in your possession upon arrival on Campus.
- All students admitted to the AMMI program are automatically granted a full scholarship.
- Transcripts records
- At least three references are required
- Personal Statement
How to Apply Africans Masters in Machine Intelligence Scholarship
Interested applicants are to apply via the official application link. Click the Apply Now button below to apply. Visit the official announcement page for more details.