The Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship 2023 on Entrepreneurship offers African undergraduates and recent graduates the chance to gain access to training, tools, funding, and a network of mentors in order to hone their entrepreneurial skills and begin creating their own businesses. The eight-month program helps leaders to cultivate their outstanding entrepreneurial mentality and skill set in order to create lasting social and financial impact.
The program is delivered virtually and can be completed at any pace, however the most committed participants will commit at least 10 hours per week. In order to progress through the program phases, participants will submit assignments online, adhering to strict deadlines.
Scholarship provider: Mastercard Foundation
Category: Entrepreneurship Training
Eligible Country: International
Application Closing Date: December 4, 2022.
- Students and recent graduates from all academic disciplines, and from any African post-secondary institution. Whether you are already working on a business or you are looking to start something new, we can help you.
- Participants who are committed to developing their entrepreneurial mindset and taking advantage of the resources provided to develop their own enterprise.
- Prospective fellows who are unable to speak or write English are still encouraged to apply and form teams with someone who can fulfill all the requirements of the program in English.
- Prospective fellows may also work with their local university to come up with a strategy to make sure they are able to access university resources that will help them navigate the challenge related to language ability.
- Business bootcamp delivered by Queen’s University faculty and industry leaders who bring decades of combined entrepreneurship and C-Suite experience
- The Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework, a proven step-by-step framework for scalable startups developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Pitch coaching and mastery
- Live workshops on marketing, goal setting, and recruiting are held throughout the program
- Opportunity to earn micro-credentials on Entrepreneurship awarded by Queen’s University for successful completion the courses
- Liaise with mentors and speakers leading innovation and entrepreneurship in North America
- Access a Global Network of Queen’s entrepreneurial alumni
- Join a cohort of thousands of like-minded students and recent grads from across Africa
- Fellows are matched to industry leaders and entrepreneurs in the final phase of the program
- Up to 60 Fellows will be selected in the final phase to receive a stipend of $500 CAD
- Opportunities to pitch for prizes of up to $15,000 CAD in the pitch competition at the end of the program
- Opportunities to travel to the Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Centre to build lasting connections that will help your further your business venture
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.