The Gates Cambridge mission is to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others. It aims to achieve this mission by selecting outstanding scholars, providing them with financial and non-financial support at one of the world’s leading universities and facilitating community building at and beyond Cambridge.
About Gates Cambridge Scholarship Programme
Each year Gates Cambridge offers c.80 full-cost scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to PhD students, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 available in the International round. The selection criteria are:
– outstanding intellectual ability
– reasons for choice of course
– a commitment to improving the lives of others
– leadership potential
Scholarship provider: The Gates Cambridge
Study Institution: University of Cambridge
Degree Category: Masters & PhD
Eligible Country: International
Application Closing Date: 1 December 2022
- the University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate*
- a maintenance allowance for a single student (£18,744 for 12 months at the 2022-23 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for PhD scholars the award is for up to 4 years
- one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
* The University Composition Fee varies for different types of students; applicants should see the Graduate Studies prospectus for full details about precise amounts. Where a student has been successful in gaining a fees award from public authorities (such as the UKRI) they must accept this and the Trust will not pay these fees.
- You must be a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- You must be applying to pursue one of the following courses at the University of Cambridge:
– PhD (full-time or part-time*)
– MLitt (full-time)
– One year postgraduate course (full-time),
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.