The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships were established in 2011 to identify and mentor the future generation of outstanding African leaders. Each year three Fellows have an opportunity to work in the executive offices of the AfDB (Abidjan), ECA (Addis Ababa) or the ITC (Geneva), with a stipend of $100,000.
During their 12-month programmes, Fellows gain both technical and leadership skills, while contributing directly to research and policy design. A special feature of the programme is the opportunity to benefit from the direct mentorship of the heads of the host organisations.
Scholarship provider: Mo Ibrahim Foundation
Programme Duration: 12-month
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: Not Specified
- An opportunity to work in the executive offices of the AfDB (Abidjan), ECA (Addis Ababa) or the ITC (Geneva), with a stipend of $100,000.
- Fellows also become members of the Now Generation Network (NGN), through which they continue to contribute their skills and insights to building a better Africa.
- Applicants must be a National of an African country
- Applicants must have a minimum 7 years’ of relevant work experience
- Applicants must be under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children
- Any additional criteria as set by the host
How to Apply The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships for Young African Leaders
Interested applicants are to apply via the official application link. Click the Apply Now button below to apply. Visit the official announcement page for more details.