The Application for the Victoria University of Wellington scholarship for International Students is now open for fresh intake, the Tongarewa Scholarships celebrate the University’s commitment to our international student community. We award a range of these scholarships to international students each year. This is a partial fee-based scholarship that will go towards tuition fees for one year of study. Applicants can be either entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree program at Victoria University of Wellington
About the Victoria University of Wellington
Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington is one of New Zealand’s oldest and most prestigious tertiary institutions with a proud tradition of academic excellence. Learn more about our 125 years of rich history. Learn more about the Victoria University of Wellington
- Scholarship Provider: Victoria University of Wellington
- Host Country: New Zealand
- Scholarship Category: undergraduate degree or postgraduate degree program
- Eligible Country: International
- Application Deadline: Trimester 3, 2022 by 1 September
- Tuition fees for one year of study
- Accommodation is provided if received by University Accommodation Wellington by their deadline.
- international students who are paying full international fees
- entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree.
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- completed your secondary education at a New Zealand school
- completed the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) or Foundation Studies Programme
- are a Study Abroad or Twinning student from one of our overseas partner universities
- are in your second year of study in the same degree program at Victoria University of Wellington.
How to apply for the Victoria University of Wellington scholarship for International Students
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries. For more information on the application process, visit the official announcement page. To apply, click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.