Application is open to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results at Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA), SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. And with SINGA, you can pursue your Ph.D. education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights. The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU).
- Award Provider: Agency for Science, Technology and Research( A*STAR)
- Host Country: Singapore
- Scholarship Category: Ph.D.
- Eligible Country: International
- Application Deadline: 1 December 2022 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time)
- Tuition fees
- The monthly stipend of S$2,200 will be increased to S$2,700 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
- SINGA is intended primarily for international students studying for the first time in Singapore. Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents, and International students studying/who have studied in Singapore tertiary institutions are not eligible.
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Do prepare the following documents in advance before applying.
Note: Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to SINGA Office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
- a. Valid Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Transcripts & Reports (ALL transcripts need to be in English translation)
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred.
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- Applicants applying to NUS supervisors/projects must submit their GRE scores in your SINGA application form.
- For all other applicants, you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory GRE scores as part of the university admission requirement.
- The submission of IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results is optional and may be requested later by the university for admission.
How to Apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award 2022
Applicants are advised to submit your applications as early as possible. This will provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline, as only applications with 2 recommendation reports will be processed.
Please ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before submitting the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after it is submitted. For more information on the application process, visit the official announcement page. To apply, click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.