Atlas Corps is accepting applications from social change leaders worldwide for our 12-month US-based and 14-month blended in-person fellowships in the United States, as well as our Virtual Leadership Institute!
Atlas Service Corps, Inc. (Atlas Corps), founded in 2006, is a global network of social sector leaders and organizations dedicated to promoting creativity, collaboration, and solutions to the world’s twenty-first-century concerns. Via its training programs and worldwide alumni network, Atlas Corps aims to improve the lives of people throughout the world through the development of social change professionals. Atlas Corps places nonprofit leaders on 12- to 18-month professional fellowships with organizations to study best practices, improve organizational capacity, and return home to form a worldwide network of changemakers.
The Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab comprises more than 200 hours of experiential learning that is both theoretical and practical. At three, four-day training immersions convened over the course of the Fellowship in January, July, and October, Fellows participate in presentations and workshops led by innovative social change leaders who share practical strategies for social impact, as well as their own professional journeys. This professional development series intentionally combines hard skills like business planning and proposal writing with intensive workshops that explore critical soft skills like conflict resolution and leadership.
Programme Delivery Modes
– 12-month In-Person Fellowship in the U.S.
– Blended (Remote and US-based) 14-Month Fellowship
– Virtual Leadership Institute
Typically Fellowships start in January, April, July, and October, but start dates may be modified based on health, visa, and travel guidelines. Each Fellowship begins with a one-week orientation program.
- Covers Program-related international travel and domestic travel
- Basic health insurance that covers new injuries and illnesses (or funds to purchase basic health insurance)
- Monthly stipend for basic living expenses in the city where the Fellow is placed (shared housing, food, local transportation, and a phone plan)
- Access to a J-1 visa
- Placement with a Host Organization
- Participation in the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab (leadership development training series)
- For Fellows serving in the Blended Fellowship, Atlas Corps will provide financial support for the technology necessary to complete Host Organization requirements remotely from their home countries.
Interested applicants must satisfy the following criteria, you can apply to be a Fellow:
- Candidates are eligible to participate in the Atlas Corps Fellowship if they are a legal residents and/or citizens of a country that has a currently active U.S. diplomatic post that is issuing J-1 visas.
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree;
- Reading, writing, and speaking fluency;
- Age 35 or younger at the start of the Fellowship; “
- Applicants from nations other than the United States are welcome to apply. There are now country limitations in place; please check below for details.
- Following a 12-month Fellowship in the United States, you must agree to return home after that time.
- Dedication to resolving pressing social challenges in your nation or region;
- Commitment to living on a basic stipend that covers food, shared housing, and local transportation;
- Received a COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization by the program start date
- candidates should have two or more years of full-time experience in at least one of some selected skill areas
- For more eligibility criteria, click here
- Additional requirements for the Virtual Leadership Institute:
— Technological capacity to participate in video calls (1-2 per month);
— Availability to commit to 2-3 hours of online activity and assignments per week for 8 months.
— Citizens from every country are eligible to apply, but certain special initiatives are only open to citizens of select countries.
- A copy of your undergraduate transcript or diploma: You will be able to submit your application without this attachment, but you won’t be able to move on to the final stages of the selection process until you submit it.
- Two references: You will also need to submit contact information for two references as part of the application. Once you enter their contact information, the system will send your references an email with instructions on how to fill out our reference form.
- Samples of your work: You may be asked to submit samples of your work to provide evidence of your professional skills. See the Skills section (Part 8) of the application for instructions.
- Attaching a resume/CV is strongly encouraged but not required.
- You will also need to have a valid passport, but you do not need to attach it to your application.
How to Apply for Atlas Corps Fellowship & Leadership Development Program 2022
Interested candidates must provide the required information and documents through the application portal. Candidates are first required to register on the portal before proceeding to fill out the application form. Click on the ‘APPLY NOW’ button below to apply. For more details, visit the official Atlas corps page.