Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship for International Students
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (AGRTPS) (International) are specifically intended to support international students to undertake a Higher Degree by research at Flinders University. The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend and Overseas Health Care cover.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full time study and must be commencing a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time.
Scholarship provider: Australian Government
Degree Category: Masters & PhD
Eligible Country: International
Application Closing Date: 05 Aug. 2022
- The AGRTPS pays a stipend at the standard rate set by the Australian Government of $28,854 pa tax free (2022 full time rate). The AGRTPS also includes a Research Training Program place (RTP), which provides an off set for tuition fees for up to 4 years.
- An AGRTPS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
Awards will normally only be available to those who:
- Be a citizen of any overseas country except New Zealand, and not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship; and
- Intend to commence full-time study for a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time, in the year for which the award is to offered. Students who commenced their higher degree by research in the previous year but who, due to the timing of their application for admission and subsequent enrolment, were unable to apply for an AGRTPS in that year, or, commenced a higher degree by research and terminated that enrolment within six months of commencement, may be considered; and
- Intend to enrol in an area of research concentration. These are areas in which the University has particular strength, has concentrated its research resources and has attracted external funding; and
- Satisfy all entry requirements for a higher degree by research, including the English proficiency levels in accordance with the English Language Proficiency Requirements for HDR Candidature
- Check here for the full list of eligibility criteria.
How to Apply for Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship
To apply for an AGRTPS and FIPRS, you will need to first submit an application for admission to a Higher Degree by research (PhD or Master of Arts by research) followed by an application for the International RHD Scholarship Group. Click here to see the full guidelines for applying for the scholarship.
For more details, visit the official announcement page.