codeHive is the AkiraChix signature program. It is a one-year fully sponsored residential hands-on technical training program. It provides education and economic opportunity to young women between 18 and 24 years from underserved communities who have completed high school education but are unable to further their education due to financial constraints.
Students in the codeHive program receive on-demand technology and non-cognitive skills. Students get the opportunity to attend and network at technology conferences and workshops.
- It is a 1-year full scholarship and residency at AkiraChix Campus in Nairobi, Kenya
- We recruit highly motivated young women from across East Africa’s underserved communities
- We offer market-ready technology, life skills and leadership training
- Students go on a three-month internship
- Students attend and network at East Africa’s leading technology conferences and workshops globally
- Students produce market-ready prototype solutions to graduate
Category: Free Training
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 21st October 2022
Applicants must have:
- Completed High School no later than December 2021
- Possess a High School result slip/ transcript/ Photo of your results sent via SMS
- Be a young woman aged 18-24 years on January 2023
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Be a citizen of Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, or come from the refugee communities in Kenya
- Have either a National ID, Alien ID or Refugee certificate of your respective country of origin
- Interested in being a changemaker in your community
- Available full-time to live and learn in the AkiraChix Campus from January 28th to December 1, 2023
- Be involved in leadership activities in your community i.e at school, church/mosque/ temple etc
All young women admitted to the codeHive program receive full financial assistance of US $ 5,000 per student. This cost covers:
- One year tuition fee, accommodation, extracurricular activities, meals, transport during school activities, and personal amenities.
- Access to technology hubs and maker spaces in Nairobi for tech events and prototyping respectively
- All students are required to develop market-ready prototypes, pitch to prospective employers, and secure a three-month paid internship.
- Access to leadership development through projects and self-directed growth.
- Access to codeHiveX: an exclusive alumni community.
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.