Improve your technical writing skills by taking one of Google’s free technical writing courses. The courses are free, fun, and valuable to your career. Thousands of Google software engineers have taken and loved these courses. Note that these courses focus on technical writing, not on general English writing or business writing. The courses are aimed at people in the following roles:
– professional software engineers
– computer science students
– engineering-adjacent roles, such as product managers
Each course consists of the following two parts:
– self-paced online pre-class material
– virtual live session
Start Date: Wed. Oct. 19, 2022
We’re currently offering the following courses:
- Technical Writing One, which covers the critical basics of technical writing.
- Technical Writing Two, which covers intermediate topics in technical writing.
- Tech Writing for Accessibility, which covers how to make your documents more accessible for everyone.
- You need at least a little writing proficiency in English, but you don’t need to be a strong writer to take these courses.
- You will find these courses easier to understand if you have at least a little background in coding, though you don’t need to be an expert coder.
- we strongly recommend studying the self-paced online pre-class material prior to attending a virtual live session. Click one of the following links to access the self-paced online pre-class material:
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details.