Google Product Design Course is a free course offered by Google on Udacity platform. It is a course that teaches the core skills of product design and taught by industry experts.
There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come. This course is designed to help you materialize your game-changing idea and transform it into a product that you can build a business around. Product Design blends theory and practice to teach you product validation, UI/UX practices, Google’s Design Sprint and the process for setting and tracking actionable metrics.
Prerequisites and Requirements
- This course has no formal prerequisites. You just need to have a problem to solve and be open to feedback!
- You must have a gmail account to access the course on Udacity Platform
What You Will Learn in this Course
- LESSON 1: Ideation & Validation
– Develop, validate and refine your ideas to build for a product/market fit.
– Case studies and interviews with founders, product experts, and investors.
– Learn how to efficiently conduct user research and build an entrepreneurial mindset.
- LESSON 2: UI/UX
– Go beyond visual style to understand material design, building for accessibility, user flows and personas.
– Learn about how startups make design decisions and learn from senior designers at Google.
– Analyze the user experience of another product and start documenting a user flow for your own product.
LESSON 3: Design Sprint
– Created by Google Ventures, the Design Sprint Process is widely used by teams seeking to design, prototype, and test their ideas with customers.
– Google’s leading Design Sprint Master will help you go through all the steps required to validate your ideas and build mockups of your product.
– Get a first-hand look at how design sprints happen at Udacity and how you can design & conduct your own.
LESSON 4: Key Metrics
– Learn to identify common metrics for websites and apps relating to traffic, customer satisfaction, and engagement.
– Learn tools that can be used to monitor metrics and examples from startups on what metrics not to measure.
– Identify actionable metrics that will work best for your own product.
How to Enroll for Google Product Design Free Course
Click the apply now button below to start the course.
If you are a registered member of the Udacity platform, Sign in to the platform and start your course. If you are new to the platform, you will have to first sign up before you can continue with the course.