The Student Summer Research Fellowship (ETH SSRF) programme offers undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to gain their first research experience in an area of their choice. The fellowship provided by the Computer Science Department of ETH takes place during two summer months and is open to all students worldwide. The department is committed to increasing diversity in the computer science area.
The programme begins on July 1st and ends on August 31st. This means the duration of the fellowship covers the full two months of July and August. Unfortunately, there is no flexibility for logistical reasons.
The programme is conducted exclusively in English. Although formal evidence of language proficiency is not required, the fellowship requires a good working knowledge of English and it may be assessed at an interview.
- Data Management & Machine Learning
- Information & System Security
- Computer Systems
- Intelligent Interactive Systems and Physical Computing
- Programming Languages & Software Engineering
- Theory & Algorithms
- Visual Computing
- The programme is open to students of all nationalities.
- You are enrolled in a study programme (bachelor or master) in computer science or a closely related field (e.g., electrical engineering, mathematics, physics)
- Your expected graduation date in your current study programme (bachelor or master) is in the year following the fellowship or later
- You will have completed two years of study by start of the programme (master students naturally satisfy this condition)
- The duration of the fellowship is the full two months of July and August, during which time you must be present
Other Programme Benefits
- Fellows at ETH Zurich will receive a monthly allowance of about CHF 1.750 to cover housing and living expenses.
- Travel and visa expenses will be covered as well. Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the programme.
- Accommodation. Affordable housing during the research stay will be organised, once a candidate is accepted into the programme. We will also provide information regarding visa applications (where required).
- Your CV. Please use the Europass format.
- Official academic transcript from your home university. Use the grading system that your university provides – the grading system on the GPA scale that you have been graded on.
- Letter of motivation/personal statement (max 1 page).
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.