Moody’s Corporation and Village Capital is calling on African entrepreneurs to apply for the Future of Work Africa 2022 Accelerator Programme for Entrepreneurs. Through a core cohort of 10 to 12 businesses and an expanded cohort of 33 to 35 startups that feature self-guided training, substantial virtual assistance, and engagement with mentors, Future of Work 2022 aims to provide investment preparation training to 45 entrepreneurs located around the area.
Moody’s Corporation and Village Capital are working together to support African entrepreneurs who are developing for-profit, market-based solutions in the fields of education, employment, and benefits. These solutions have the potential to assist young people in sub-Saharan Africa in better preparing for the future of work, gaining access to more and better job prospects, and constructing careers.
Since 2009, we have provided assistance to more than 1,200 early-stage entrepreneurs through our accelerators and made investments in more than 100 accelerator graduates. These investments include firms in Sub-Saharan Africa that are focusing on the future of work.
– Applications Open – Mar 31
– Cohort Confirmed – Jul 29
– Cohort workshops – Aug – Oct 2022
- Connections: Build deep connections with the other impact-driven founders in your cohort
- Mentorship: Network with mentors ranging from investors to potential strategic partners and customers
- Training: Join interactive sessions tailored to help your company identify early milestones and prepare for your next round of capital
- Advice: Chat with an investment analyst who will coach you 1:1 on building a financial model, identifying unit economics, and using financial metrics
- Exposure: Get featured on Village Capital’s program website and other collateral
- Funding: The programme connects you to funding source for your venture
Ventures must address unemployment through the following:
- Technical, professional, upskilling or reskilling programs
- Testing and credentialing programs
- New approaches to apprenticeship or employment matching such as gig, job matching and distributed manufacturing platforms
- Financial health for informal workers, and/or
- Edtech for post-secondary and tertiary institutions
How to Apply Future of Work Africa 2022 Accelerator Programme for Entrepreneurs
- First, you’ll conduct an Abaca self assessment of your company’s maturity.
- Second, you’ll answer a series of questions about your business.
As a bonus, you’ll get a free investment readiness score and an invitation to connect with additional investors and resources. Please visit the official Village Capital Page for more information. To apply, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below’