The application for the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship program which is based on strengthening leadership skills through a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the U.S. and Fellows’ home countries is now open for interested experienced professionals.
As a non-degree program, the Fellowship offers valuable opportunities for professional development through selected university courses, attending conferences, networking, and practical work experiences. During the year, Fellows pursue both their individual program goals and work closely with their Humphrey colleagues in workshops and seminars. Unlike a typical graduate school experience, the Program encourages Fellows to travel away from their host campus to learn more about American culture and to network with their American peers. If you are interested in broadening your perspectives and becoming a global leader, the Humphrey Fellowship is for you.
Fellowship Provider: Hubert Humphrey
Host Country: United State of America
Fellowship Category: A non-degree program
Eligible Country: International
Application Deadline: October 1, but the deadlines for applicants vary by country.
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university
- Pre-academic English language training, if required
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance
- Accident and sickness coverage
- A book allowance
- A one-time computer subsidy
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events)
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
- An undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- A record of public service in the community
- English language ability
Please contact the U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section or Binational Fulbright Commission in your country of residence to learn about possible specific program requirements.
How to apply for Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
To access the Humphrey Fellowship application and learn more about applying, please contact the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Binational Fulbright Commission in your country, where you will be the directed to find out if citizens of your country/region are eligible to participate in the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program, click on your region. If your country/region appears on the list, you are eligible to apply. For more information on the application process, visit the official announcement page. To apply, click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.