The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) is offering grants to foreign nationals and Italian residents living abroad (IRE) in order to encourage international cooperation in cultural, scientific, and technical domains, promote Italian language and culture, and support Italy’s economic system throughout the world (as per Law 288/55 and its later amendments and additions).
Grants are available to help students finish their studies and research/training programs in public or legally authorized Italian educational institutions. Scholarships are only offered for academic courses taken on Italian soil.
Scholarship provider: Italian Government
Scholarship Category: Master and PhD Degrees
Eligible Country: All country
Application Closing Date: June 9th 2022
- Grantees may be exempted from the payment of enrollment and tuition fees depending on the policy of each University in line with the regulations on the autonomy of academic institutions. Regional Fees are due anyway.
- Grantees will be covered by health and medical insurance, contracted by MAECI, in case of illness or accident. The insurance is valid exclusively for the duration of the grant.
- The winner of a MAECI scholarship, based on the starting date of the grant and the number of months indicated in the (Awarding Letter), will receive a monthly amount of 900 euros paid quarterly to the personal current account, opened in his/her name, with an Italian banking Institution.
- Grantees can benefit of the grant in a period of study starting November 1st, 2022, and ending by October 31st, 2023.
- Master’s Degree:
Grants for Master’s Degree courses are awarded for a period of study of 6 (six) or 9 (nine) months. Admission to the first year of a Master’s Degree course in Italy requires the completion of a Bachelor’s degree; admission to the second year is granted to applicants who can prove satisfactory academic progress with their first year exams.
- Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music and Dance (AFAM)
Grants for Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music and Dance (AFAM) are awarded for a period of study of 6 (six) or 9 (nine) months. To be admitted to an Italian AFAM Institute, applicants need to meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by the relevant Institute.
- PhD program
Grants for a PhD program are awarded for a period of study of 6 (six) or 9 (nine) months. To be admitted to a PhD in Italy, applicants need to meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by the University; they are also required to provide the admission letter to the PhD from the relevant Italian University.
- Academic qualifications
– Applications must only be submitted by foreign and Italian students living abroad (IRE)* holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll to the Italian University/Institute (more information on: https://studyinitaly.esteri.it/en/Recognition-of-qualification).
- Age requirements
– Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/ Italian Language and Culture advanced Courses should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 28 years and 364 days by the deadline of this call (June 9th 2022), with the sole exception of renewals.
– Applicants for PhD Programmes should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 30 years and 364 days by the deadline of this call (June 9th 2022), with the sole exception of renewals.
– Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 40 years and 364 days by the deadline of this call (June 9th 2022).
- Language proficiency
– In order to enroll in an English-taught course, applicants must provide a language certification regarding their proficiency in English Language. The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- A self-certification may be accepted for candidates from countries where English is an official language. Candidates in possession of an English-taught Bachelor’s degree may submit a document certifying that the study program of their Bachelor’s degree was entirely held in English.
How to Apply Italian Government Scholarships 2022/2023 For International students
Applicants must submit the application online, available upon registration on Study in Italy platform. We recommend to register through a frequently used email address, as further communications will be sent to the chosen email address. Click on the ‘APPLY NOW” button below to apply. Visit the official announcement page for more info.