The Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) in partnership with Jim Ovia Foundation has decided to establish the Scholarship as a means of giving back to the Society as well as supporting the expansion of educational opportunities and research endeavors. In order to achieve their ambitions of a high-quality and long-lasting education, brilliant students should apply for scholarships.
This fund will be used to give educational scholarships and funding for high-impact research projects. It will improve the quality of education and research in information technology throughout the nation. Additionally, it will provide many people who have now excluded the opportunity to participate in education and research related to information technology and enable them to realize their full potential.
- Support and promote Computing/ Information Technology Education in Nigeria
- Assist in developing the needed manpower for the technological advancement of the nation
Scholarship provider: Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) in partnership with Jim Ovia Foundation
Degree Category: Undergraduates, Masters & PhD
Eligible Country: Nigerians
Application Closing Date: May 31, 2022
– 5 Ph.D Students
– 10 Master’s Degree Students
– 20 Undergraduates Students
- Members of Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) and Nigerian Association of Computing
- Students (NACOS) at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels.
Specifics for Postgraduates (Ph.D & M.Sc):
- The completed form must be accompanied with the following documents:
- Admission letter
- A 2-page proposal (ONLY required for postgraduate awards and research grant).
- Two recommendation letters from the institution or organization, duly signed and stamped (HOD, Dean, Vice-Chancellor, Rector, Manager, Director, Project Supervisor etc.)
- Proposed budget
- Duly signed past academic results
- Duly signed academic certificates
- NYSC discharge certificate
- A yearly progress report for renewal of award
- Evidence of past activities with local chapters and National for Conferences and workshop attendance.
- A letter of recommendation from the NCS Chapter which the applicant belongs to show the level of involvement with the society
Specifics for Undergraduates (BSc.):
The completed form must be accompanied with the following documents:
- Admission letter
- Recommendation letter from HOD, duly stamped and signed
- Evidence of membership of NACOS
- Duly signed and stamped academic results of last two semesters
- Cumulative grade point average (CGPA)
How to Apply
Eligible applicants should apply for the scholarship through the official application link. Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to apply. For more detail, visit the official NCS website.