Applications are open for the Master Card Foundation Scholarship Program (MCFSP 2022) For African Students. The scholarship program is being offered by The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) for high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2022.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is a 10-year, $500 million global initiative to educate and develop next generation leaders who will contribute to social and economic transformation. The Program enables young people from economically disadvantaged communities to complete quality secondary and university education, and make successful transitions to further education or careers in their home countries. Through comprehensive support, Scholars receive learning opportunities that equip them with knowledge, skills, and values needed to succeed in the economy, and make positive impacts in their communities.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program supports economically disadvantaged young people from across the continent, and encourages them to apply their knowledge towards the betterment of their home communities and countries.
Scholarship provider: Master Card Foundation
Study Institution: University of Pretoria, South Africa
Degree Category: Masters & PhD
Eligible Country: African Countries
Application Closing Date: 31st October 2022.
If your MCFSP application is successful the Program will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period
- Comprehensive scholarships (tuition fees, living expenses, books, stipends, transportation);
- Academic support in the chosen programme;
- Mentoring and counseling support;
- Service and experiential learning (volunteerism, internships, social entrepreneurship); and
- Advise on CV writing and interview skills to apply for jobs in the scholar’s countries.
- Candidates should be citizens from Africa.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
How to Apply for the 2022 Master Card Foundation Scholarship Program For African Students
Interested candidates must first apply for their post-graduate studies at the University of Pretoria and must have been offered a provisional admission to study their course of choice. Application for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program can only be submitted after a candidate has been provisionally admitted to study at the University of Pretoria. Provisionally an admission letter will be required.
Step 1: Download the hard copy of the postgraduate application form Here, or Apply online at www.up.ac.za/apply. Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form.
Step 2: Submit your MCFSP application form to email@example.com for postgraduates together with ALL supporting documents as stated on the first page of the application form.
Step 3: After your application has been submitted, it will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty. The faculty will inform you whether you have been admitted.
Step 4: Once you have been admitted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to commence the process to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program immediately.
Step 5: Successful Mastercard Foundation Scholars should have a passport to enable them to apply for a visa promptly.
Please visit the ISD website at www.up.ac.za/isd for general information for international students. For more details, visit the official MSFSP website. Click the apply now buton below to apply.