[Apply Now] Mauritius Africa Scholarships Scheme 2022 for Undergraduates
Here is a chance for you to pursue your undergraduate degree in Mauritius as the Mauritius Government is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or African Commonwealth countries.
Mauritius Africa Scholarships Scheme 2022 for Undergraduates
The Government of the Republic of Mauritius is offering scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries for full-time, on-campus undergraduate (diploma/degree) programmes tenable in public Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Mauritius.
Host Country: Republic of Mauritius
Scholarship Category: Undergraduate Scholarships
Eligible Countries: All African Countries
Deadline: August 22, 2022
1. Candidates must be resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries.
2. Mauritian nationals and foreign nationals residing in Mauritius are NOT eligible to apply under this Scheme.
3. Applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday by 22 August 2022.
Candidates must have: Either
- (i) A minimum of five (5) credits at School Certificate (S.C), or General Certificate of Education (G.C.E) ‘O’ Level or International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), inclusive of a credit in English Language or acceptable evidence of proficiency in English Language ( as per para 1.3.3 below).
- Or (ii). Five (5) ‘O’ Level passes awarded by any other approved examining body deemed to be equivalent to (i) above, inclusive of a pass in English Language or acceptable evidence of proficiency in English Language (as per para 1.3.3 below).
Or (iii) Qualification equivalent to (i) above.
(a) A pass in English at A-level will be acceptable in lieu of English Language at ‘O’ Level.
(b) A pass at subsidiary level and/or ‘A’ Level or equivalent will be acceptable in lieu of a pass at ‘O’ Level as per (i) and (ii) above.
(c) Some diploma programmes may have higher qualification requirements than (i) and (ii) and applications will be considered only for candidates meeting the minimum requirements of these programmes.
(d) Candidates already holding a diploma will not be considered
- Tuition fees and course-related costs
- This scholarship provides for an annual payment of tuition fees and other studies-related
costs (e.g. general/annual fees and miscellaneous fees, etc) to the tune of MUR160,000.
- A monthly living allowance of MUR 12,500 will be paid to awardees as part of support to meet their living expenses.
- Beneficiaries are entitled to free basic health care in public hospitals in Mauritius.
- Return airfare by the most economical route. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies
- The application form obtainable from the websites below must be filled in electronically, printed, and then signed
- Application to Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)
- All applicants must have already applied for at least one full-time on-campus programme at a public HEI of their choice.
- This application must be made as soon as the HEIs have opened their application windows on their respective websites.
- Applicants must submit the completed Mauritius-Africa Scholarship Application Form along with documents as per Section 7 to their respective Nominating Agencies. This should be done by a deadline to be determined by the Nominating Agency and communicated to prospective applicants.
Required Supporting Documents
Candidates must also submit the fully completed Application Form and certified copies
of the following documents as part of their application to their local Nominating Agency:
(i) Birth Certificate;
(ii) Relevant educational certificates and transcripts;
(iii) Medical certificate to be filled and stamped by a registered medical practitioner in
Section 6 of the Application Form;
(iv) Copy of passport biodata page, if available
How to Apply
Click the ‘APPLY BUTTON’ below to apply for the scholarship programme. YOu will be directed to the application page where you will fill out an online form. Please visit the official link below to get more details about the programme
For further information, please visit the Official Scholarship Page (Click Here)