Applications are invited from eligible African young professionals for the McKinsey Forward Program For Young African Professionals. Forward is an educational program offered for free and has three different levels. It is presented in an interactive digital and virtual style. It begins with exploring foundational skills, then moves to applying them on case studies designed from real-world scenarios, and finally embeds new behaviors through ongoing reflection and peer learning.
The Forward Programme is a training initiative that aims to instill in the next generation of young professionals the essential, hands-on competencies they will need to thrive in the workplace of the future. It is a completely free online learning program that focuses on the leadership, business, and technology skills that are applicable and transferable across a variety of industries and roles.
You’ll study through highly engaging digital courses, workshops, and a group assignment with real-time peer feedback.
- Foundation level: 10 weeks, two hours per week
- Advanced level: 12 weeks, two hours per week
- Network-level: Ongoing
What you Will Learn
In this course, you will learn how to:
- think creatively and methodically to solve complicated business problems
- communicate powerfully to inspire your audience to take action.
- Utilize data and technology in a flexible manner by following agile working methods.
- Have the ability to adapt, as well as create resilience and emotional awareness, in order to be effective in your work–both on your own and in teams, particularly during times of transition.
- Forward is a free online learning program designed to help young professionals in the early years of their careers develop practical, must-have skills that are transferable across industries and roles.
- A one-of-a-kind learning journey designed to help young talent thrive
- Participants who complete the Foundation and Advanced level requirements will receive a certificate confirming their completion of the Forward program.
As a condition of access, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must currently reside in the African continent
- Must have a minimum of one and a maximum of five years of formal job experience (for example diploma, associate degree, undergraduate degree)
- Should be fluent in English, as the program will take place in that language.
How will I access the program?
Forward is an online program so the learning is fully virtual and digital. You will need an internet-connected device, such as a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer to access the online learning platform where all the content is housed, as well as the video conferencing platform that will be used for the virtual events (such as Zoom).
How to Apply for McKinsey Forward Program For Young African Professionals
To apply, click the “APPLY NOW’ button below to access the application portal. Upon successful completion of the application form, you will receive an automated notification email confirming the receipt of your application. Visit the official announcement page for more details.