The Microsoft Cybersecurity Scholarship Program supports community college degree and industry certificate completion through financial assistance (up to $500) and subsidies for cybersecurity certification exam costs (up to $375). Financial assistance is intended to cover short-term basic needs, such as food, rent, health-related, transportation/car issues, and/or a laptop/device.
The US has a cybersecurity workforce shortage of nearly 500,000 trained professionals, yet only 3% of US students attain a credential in computer and information sciences and far fewer specialize in cybersecurity. The Last Mile Education Fund and Microsoft are working together to address the diversity and talent shortages in the cybersecurity workforce by investing in students like you.
Scholarship provider: Last Mile Education Fund
Eligible Country: USA
Application Closing Date: On-going
- Residents of the United States
- Students currently enrolled in a cybersecurity-related program at a two-year institution in the United States, such as a community college or technical school AND
- Students who are able to demonstrate financial need by providing Pell Grant eligibility, financial aid award letters, or other evidence of need
- All students with financial need are eligible to apply. Students from groups who are underrepresented in cybersecurity are especially encouraged to apply, including those who identify as women, non-binary, and/or Black/LatinX/Indigenous, veterans, and/or have a disability.
- Financial assistance up to $500
- Subsidies to cover the cost of cybersecurity certification licensing exams up to $375
- free LinkedIn Premium accounts to help close the networking gap
- Access to local GitHub sponsored events and GitHub Education benefits, including the Student Developer Pack
- Your current transcript including major/minor areas of study or technical certification pathway
- Documentation showing evidence of need: which can include Pell Grant eligibility, financial aid award letter or other explanation of need
- Link to your LinkedIn profile; Link to your GitHub profile, if available
- A verified PayPal account, if requesting financial assistance
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.