The PENGASSAN National Essay Competition is a stimulating, encouraging and social responsibility initiative of PENGASSAN to drive the development of creative writing amongst secondary school students. It is billed to generate interest in writing amongst secondary school students at a time when many are being dissuaded from academic and writing proficiency. It is a strategic initiative to drive creativity, deep reflective and critical thought, and increase in the ability to leverage yet unexplored areas of our day-to-day life.
All interested participants are required to register and submit entries on the website. Registration and submission will take place simultaneously. Registration and submission of entries must not exceed stated end date as website will cease to accept submissions afterwards. All participants will write hand-written essays and submit electronically based on the given topics.
In respect to age ranges for the 2 categories, participants are required to submit a copy of their birth certificate for verification.
Category: Essay Competition
Eligible Country: Nigerians
Application Closing Date: 5 October, 2022
2022 Essay Topics
JS1 – Stage 1: Clean Energy for a better, greener future in Nigeria
SS1- Stage 1: The effects of non-functional refineries on Nigeria’s energy utilization
- Both categories will be allotted different topics to write upon.
- Co-authorship is not allowed.
- Interested participants must be a JSS 1 or SSS1 by the start date of the new 2022/2023 academic session.
- Age categorization:
– JS 1 – must be between 10 – 12 years old
– SS 1 – must be between 14 – 16 years old
- Ages below and above each age rage are not eligible to apply even while being in the respective class.
- Participants are expected to reside in one of the 36 states or the Federal Capital of Nigeria. Thus, the essay will be open to participants from every state in each geopolitical zone.
- Cash Prize up to N6,000,000 for winners
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.