Youth to Work is the flagship employability programme under Futuremakers by Standard Chartered, the Bank’s global initiative to tackle inequality and promote greater economic inclusion for young people in local communities focusing on three pillars: Entrepreneurship, Employability and Education. The Standard Chartered Foundation (SCF) is the lead partner in delivering the global Futuremakers initiative.
The Youth to Work program seeks to recruit young and enthusiastic professionals looking for an opportunity to learn new business and consultancy skills and apply them in a real business environment, and contribute to the wider community. The Youth to Work programme is a partnership between young people and private enterprises to support youth employability and it aims to demonstrate the dynamic contribution youth can make to economic development
Host: Standard Chartered Foundation (SCF)
Eligible Country: Uganda, Zambia and Ghana
Application Closing Date: Not Stated
- Conduct an in-depth audit of the enterprise’s strengths and areas for development in one of the following three areas: operations, finance or sales, and marketing.
- Develop an action plan based on your analysis to help the enterprise to improve and prepare for growth.
- Work closely with the Challenges staff and enterprise leadership team to deliver the action plan.
- Deliver capacity-building sessions that improve the SGBs partnerships, communication and opportunities.
- Deliver key employment readiness workshops to university students.
- Be between 21 to 30 years of age or 21 to 35 for persons with disabilities
- Have an understanding of business and finance for business, demonstrated through previous work experience and/or hold a relevant university degree
- Relevant work experience including previous internship, voluntary work etc.
- Good communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Interest in small business development, enterprises and entrepreneurship
- Ability to travel to training and placement
- Ability to commit to a 14week full-time placement (January – April 2022) and 2-week training
- Ability to commit to the placement full-time and 2 weeks pre-placement training
- Must be fluent in both verbal and written English
What to will Gain
- A comprehensive 2-week training program in professional consulting and business improvement skills
- Access to best-practice resources to guide you on placement
- Ongoing training, mentoring and support from Challenges during your enterprise placement
- An unprecedented opportunity to gain valuable insight into all areas of an enterprise and work alongside their senior management team to develop an action plan
- An opportunity to develop your current skill set to improve your employability
- A monthly stipend to cover expenses related to your placement.
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.