UNICEF StartUp Lab is an accelerator programme for impactful businesses working to advance the SDGs for children and young people. The programme is led by UNICEF in Ghana, supported by KOICA and implemented by MEST Africa.
The StartUp Lab aims to enhance the business, technological, and communication skills of participating entrepreneurs, and advise on the product-problem fit of their social impact, tech-driven solutions. It delivers a six-month curriculum to startups through intensive bootcamps in Accra, known as Work Weeks, as well as incubation hosted at partner hubs, mentorship, and virtual learning sessions.
Eligible Country: Ghanaians
Application Closing Date: October 21st, 2022
- Guaranteed Funding: Prototyping Funding
- Expert Consultations: Access to UNICEF & KOICA experts
- Social Impact: Improved Product-Social Impact fit
- Product Development: Hands-on business acceleration
- DPG Opportunity: Digital Public Good registration track
- Tech Perks: AWS credits, dev support and more
- Your startup has been operational for 1+ year
- Your startup is a registered business in Ghana (no NGOs, foundations, or individuals)
- Your startup has technology as the core enabler of the business
- Your startup has a business model with a social impact that addresses at least one of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Open-source solutions, or startups that are willing to open-source their solutions, are particularly encouraged to apply
- Startups with female founders/co-founders are encouraged to apply
- The program is designed to include startups from all regions of Ghana
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.