The University of the Arts London provides students with access to a comprehensive curriculum that spans the disciplines of art, design, fashion, communication, and the performing arts. They go on to work and develop the creative sectors throughout the globe. According to the QS World University Rankings for 2022, UAL is positioned in the number two spot worldwide for art and design.
UAL offers a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and awards provided through generous donations from individuals, companies and philanthropic charities, as well as from University funds.
Scholarship Provider: University Arts London (UAL)
Scholarship Category: Masters scholarships
Eligible Country: International
Application deadline: Monday 13 June 2022
£50,000 International Postgraduate Scholarships are available. This scholarship covers:
- The cost of tuition fees,
- Accommodation at one of UAL’s halls of residence
- Living costs.
- You must hold an offer to study a full-time taught master’s course at one of UAL’s Colleges and Institutes starting in 2022/23.
- Your course must offer either a Grad Dip, M ARCH, MA, MFA, MBA, MRes or MSc qualification.
- You are not eligible to apply if you already hold a UK postgraduate taught qualification (or one at an equivalent level) from studies undertaken in the UK or abroad.
- You must be ordinarily resident in one of the low-income economy countries detailed in our list of qualifying countries (see below).
- Evidence such as a copy of your immigration documents, ID card or formal proof of your address must be included as part of your application. Or
- You are an asylum seeker in the UK at the point at which you make your scholarship application.
- Your annual household income must be £50,000 or less (or the equivalent exchange value in a qualifying country’s currency) at the point of application.
You must provide a personal statement as part of your scholarship application which response to the following questions (maximum 350 words per question):
- Describe how receiving a postgraduate scholarship would make a difference to you.
- Tell us how you intend to use the qualification you will be gaining to support your future plans.
- Describe how you would address challenges in your home country.
- Tell us how you would uphold the values of social justice and environmental stewardship.
How to Apply for 2022 University Arts London UAL International Postgraduate Scholarship
Interested applicants should first apply to study at UAL. Once you’ve received an offer to study at UAL, the ‘my funding’ page on your applicant portal will be updated to include application forms for scholarships you may be eligible for.
If you submit a scholarship application, you will email you after the deadline has passed to let you know if you have been successful. Visit the UAL Scholarship Page for more information on how to apply.