Applications are now open for the 2023/2024 Masters Scholarship at The University of Lausanne in Switzerland. Masters scholarships are scholarships for excellence awarded exclusively to students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are of a very high level.
The scholarship is granted for the minimum statutory period of the programme chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year.
The application for the Masters scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to register at UNIL).
Scholarship provider: University of Lausanne, Switzaland
Degree Category: Masters
Eligible Country: International
Application Closing Date: 1st November 2022.
It is not possible to apply for the following programmes:
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of education
- Master of Law. Exceptions open to applications for Masters scholarships : specialisms “International and comparative law” and “Legal theory”, “International taxation”
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- Master of Science in Physical Education and Sports Didactics
- Master of Science in Health sciences
- Master of Science (MSc) in Sustainable Management & Technology
- All MASs (PhD programmes)
- To have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the masters programme at UNIL.
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- To have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or at least C1 in English according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught.
- Not been registered with UNIL
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”)
- The scholarship is granted for the minimum statutory period of the programme chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month for the duration of the masters’ programme
- Students offered a scholarship will be exempt from the fixed registration fees for the courses, with the exception of the CHF 80.00 fees to be paid each semester.
– the application form, duly completed and signed
– a passport-sized photograph inserted in the application form (in JPEG format)
– a copy of your secondary school diploma. A certified/notarised translation of any diplomas not written in French, German, English or Italian is required
– a complete curriculum vitae
– a cover letter
– two original letters of recommendation from the candidate’s lecturers
– a copy of the official certificate of knowledge of the language in which the master is taught (for example TOEFL or IELTS for English and DALF or DELF for French). B2 in French or C1 in English is the minimum level required to follow the courses.
– a copy of your passport or identity card
– proof of payment of the CHF 200.00 administration fee
How to Apply for the 2023/2024 University of Lausanne Masters Scholarship for International Students
The application form must be completed on a computer and duly signed by the candidate. The application for the Masters scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to register at UNIL). The deadline for applications is 1 November to begin a masters degree during the following academic year, in the autumn semester or the spring semester if the programme allows.
Click the Apply Now button below to apply. Visit the official announcement page for more details.