Applications are open for the World Bank Young Professionals Program 2022 (WBG YPP). The WBG YPP is a two-year leadership development program at the start of a five-year employment contract with the World Bank, IFC or MIGA. Young Professionals (YPs) start the program in Washington, DC, where they engage in intensive training—on-the-job and in the classroom—learning the fundamentals of leadership and development operations across institutions, and how to identify opportunities for joint impact.
World bank Young Professionals YPs are full-time employees, making significant contributions to their respective unit’s work program, while building networks and knowledge across the Bank Group through the YPP. They often join field missions, where they work on the frontlines of WBG operations, learning key aspects of our work and directly engaging with our clients.
Host Institution: World Bank Group
Eligible Country: International
Application Closing Date: September 30, 2022.
Key Features of the Programme
- Professional Experience
- Leadership Development
- Global Rotations
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Management Supported Rotations & Job Placements
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1990
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level**
- Be fluent in English
- Graduate degree requirements:
For World Bank placement: Complete a relevant master’s degree by September 2022 or PhD before September 2023.
- To be competitive, applicants should additionally:
– Display a commitment and passion for international development
– Possess outstanding academic credentials
– Exhibit excellent client engagement, communication and team leadership skills
– Demonstrate knowledge of relevant sector trends
- The following attributes are a plus:
– Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries
– Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
– Academic Credentials
– 1 Short Essay
– Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if applicable)
– 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations
– Please answer the following (in 750 words or 4,500 characters or less):
Given the current global context, how can the World Bank Group help our country clients support and reach a green, resilient and inclusive development? Please include rebuilding on progress lost on the WBG’s twin goals over the past few years, as it relates to your area of work.
- The programme offers a competitive salary and benefits package as part of a 5-year term contract. Benefits include health, life and accident insurance, a pension plan and possible relocation and mobility benefits depending on WBG guidelines.
How to Apply for World Bank Young Professionals Program 2022
Before applying, ensure that you meet all eligibility requirements and have reviewed the application checklist below, for required material. Applications must be completed by 11:59 PM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) on the last day of the application period. On the application, candidates must select the institution that they believe best aligns with their skillset (the World Bank, IFC or MIGA). Duplicate applications will not be reviewed and will not increase one’s chances of selection. For more detail, visit the official website for more details.