[Apply Now] 2023 Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program for Young Africans
The Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program engages participants from over 38 African countries in a U.S.-based cultural exchange and civic engagement training program. This program is designed to provide talented, hard-working, and highly motivated African PAYLP Alumni an opportunity to spend three weeks in the United States for an intensive leadership training and development program between February and March of 2023.
The program consists of a short orientation conference in Atlanta, Georgia where participants will be welcomed and receive a program overview, followed by a two-week community leadership program held in one of three U.S. cities. During this portion of the program participants will receive leadership training, networking and volunteer opportunities, and cultural experiences. The program will culminate with a closing forum in Washington, DC where participant will present Community Action Plans. Upon completion of the program, participants will have the opportunity to apply for funding to implement their Community Action Plan. This year’s PAYLP All-Stars will focus on the following skills:
- Leadership Development
- Communications and Negotiation Skills
- Peacebuilding and Conflict Resolutions
- Community Activism
Host: US Government
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: October 1, 2022
Participants for this programme must:
- Be an adult mentor or youth participant alumni from any in-person or virtual PAYLP cohort 2013-2022.
- Be at least 18 years or older by the start of the program, on February 18, 2023.
- Be from one of the eligible countries including Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Rrepublic of Congo, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities in his/her university or community;
- Demonstrate a commitment to community service and extracurricular activities;
- Be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- Be willing and able to fully participate in an in-person intensive program, community service, and active educational travel program during the exchange, as well as in follow-on activities afterward in their home countries, such as outreach to others in country cohort.
- Based in home country or show intent to return to support home community.
- Be in possession of a valid national passport or able to obtain one before January 1, 2023.
- Be willing and able to obtain a covid vaccination for travel.
- Strong candidates will be active in the PAYLP network, have completed a successful project supporting their community.
- Not be employed by the U.S. Embassy.
- Interactive leadership trainings
- Conflict resolution seminars
- Social entrepreneurship classes
- Community service opportunities
- Two weeks of homestay with American host families
- An overview of U.S history and institutions
- Exciting cultural activities
- A lifelong PAYLP alumni network
Application Process for the 2023 Pan Africa Youth Leadership Program
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW