The U.S. African Development Foundation is an independent U.S. government agency established by Congress to invest directly in African grassroots enterprises and social entrepreneurs. USADF’s investments increase incomes, revenues, and jobs by promoting self-reliance and market-based solutions to poverty. USADF creates pathways to prosperity for marginalized populations and communities across Africa.
USADF is excited to request proposals for the USADF Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge. Proposals of up to US$250,000 in grant capital per award will be considered. To be considered for the Challenge, applicants must be 100% African-owned and -managed private companies registered and operating in Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: 30th September 2022
Winning applicants will receive:
• Grant capital of US$50,000 to US$250,000 from USADF
• Access to intensive local technical assistance and governance support
Winning proposals must:
• Further develop, scale up or extend the use of proven solutions/technologies for social impact in Africa.
• Benefit underserved populations or low-income rural or urban populations
• Demonstrate financial sustainability or the potential for financial sustainability
• Propose a budget of no more than US$250,000. Proposals with budgets greater than US$250,000 must bring leveraged resources from one or more other sources that meet the total financing requirements. Leveraged funds from other private sector and donor sources are encouraged
• Demonstrate clearly whether and how many new jobs will be created
• Women-owned or -managed business is a plus
Applications will only be considered if they:
• Entity is African 100% owned and managed, registered, and operating within Africa
– Owners must provide passports or other government-issued IDs showing citizenship are
– All shareholders, members of the board and senior management must be citizens of a subSaharan African country
• Express clearly how they will benefit underserved populations across Africa including showing demonstrable positive impacts for youth and women
• Express clearly how they will achieve sustainable growth
• Fully and legally registered in Africa, and the registration is submitted
• Document adequate expertise in the field they are proposing or document how they will acquire the necessary expertise
• Clearly document how they will use USADF grant capital to carry out their concept
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.