The RTP scholarships are funded by the Australian Government, while the DUPR scholarships are funded by Deakin University. Both awards are available to domestic and international students. Only top-ranked applicants will be offered an RTP.
Scholarship provider: Deakin University
Degree Category: Masters & PhD
Eligible Country: International
Application Closing Date: Not stated
- A stipend of $28,900 per annum for 2022 tax exempt
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (for single to family) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- Single Overseas Student Health Cover policy for the duration of the student visa.
- 3 years for stipend and 4 years for the tuition fees offset for Doctoral Degree
- 2 years for stipend and 2 years for the tuition fees offset for Research Master Degree
Applicants for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend must have:
- completed at least four years of tertiary education studies
- have achieved 80% or equivalent in the research component of their previous study or an equivalent level of academic attainment, taking into account previous study, relevant work experience, research publications and other research experience
- meet all other minimum entry requirements according to the Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Admission, Selection and Enrolment Procedure. Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for more information.
- Currently enrolled HDR students can apply for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend and will be assessed by the Faculty/Institute. Currently enrolled students may not apply after they have completed more than 3 years of their doctoral course or 2 years of their masters course (or part-time equivalent).
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance or DUPRS a student must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University
- To be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset an applicant must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees
- To be eligible for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.