[Apply Now] 2022 YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program
Applications are now open for the Applications are open for Cohort 41 (onsite) of the YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program. The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) was launched by the United States government as a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders.
About 2022 YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program
The Emerging Leaders Program will teach young African leaders about modern leadership over a period of 17 weeks. The program will be broken down into four phases – a 5 week coursework phase delivered in-person or online and the remaining 12 weeks distributed equally among a mentorship program, internship or community service, and a report writing period. Focusing on the 5 week coursework phase, it will entail three core courses (Leadership and Accountability, Ethics, and Contemporary issues affecting Africa) and one elective course selected from a sample of three courses covering three themes, namely Entrepreneurship, Public Policy, and Management, and Civil Society Management.
Organizer: YALI West Africa
Training Country: Ghana
Eligible Country: West African Countries
Application Closing Date: 1st August 2022
Participants will be taken through various forms of leadership training to prepare them for leadership roles in their various organizations, communities and countries.
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Civil Society Management
- Public Policy and Management
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa is merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Burkina Faso.
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
If you are selected to participate in the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra program, all of the following expenses will be covered by the program:
- At the end of the program participants will be awarded with certificates and become members of the prestigious YALI Alumni
- Visa to Accra (if required)
- Round-trip travel from your country of citizenship* to Accra, Ghana
- Transportation to/from Kotoka International Airport to/from the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra, for all non-Ghanaian participants
- For Ghanaian, transportation to/from the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra will be provided for from your location of residence
- Customized academic and leadership course;
- Accident and sickness benefit plan during the course
- Housing and meals
- The Program will only cover your transportation costs to and from Ghana if you are residing within one of the countries served by the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra. If you reside outside of the defined region, YALI will only pay the cost of transportation to/from Accra from your country of citizenship and you will be required to cover any additional costs
How to Apply for the 2022 YALI RLC West Africa Emerging Leaders Program
Interested applicants are to apply via the official application link. Click the Apply Now button below to apply. Visit the official announcement page for more details.CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW