The Association for Research on Civil Society in Africa (AROCSA) in partnership with the Centre on African Philanthropy and Social Investment (CAPSI), and support from Ford Foundation, is pleased to announce the 2023 call for applications to the Innocent Chukwuma African NGO Leadership Transition Fellowship Program (ICLTFP), formerly known as the African NGO Leadership Transition Fellowship Program (LTFP)
The program’s chief purpose is thus to help sector leaders prepare and position their NGOs to be sustainable, vibrant, and continue to thrive after their exit from the organisation. It would enable both the leaders and organisations successfully make the shift, and in so doing create spaces for a new generation of leaders in the social sector to not only emerge but also have platforms to apply their creative and youthful energies. Transitioning leaders would develop succession plans within their own
organisations, contemplate their personal transition plans, and preserve their knowledge and experience.
The objectives of the ICLTFP are to:
1. Contribute to the process of establishing a supportive infrastructure for leadership transition within the NGO/CSO movement in Africa.
2. Promote the creation of leadership spaces for the next generation of leaders in African civiln society to grow and strive.
3. Increase the documentation of leadership experiences/reflections and renewal processes within civil society in Africa.
Eligible Country: Africans
Application Closing Date: November 11th, 2022
- Stipend: $3,000 covering living support and associated expenses for one month.
- Accommodation: one single furnished bedroom either in a studio/one bedroom, or shared apartment with other fellows for one month.
- Economy class return ticket from home country to host country for in-person learning sessions.
- Visa application fees.
- Travel Health Insurance
- Founder/Executive Director of an NGO in Africa, and from Africa, ‘actively’ seeking to transition away from their NGO/CSO.
- Approval from the board to take a sabbatical from work from March – May 2023
- Candidate must be above forty (40) years of age
- Candidate must have been in the executive leadership position for at least ten (10) years
- Candidate must be a full-time paid staff of the NGO
- Medical fitness certified by qualified medical doctor
– Completed electronic application forms
– Copy of current passport
– Curriculum Vitae
– Two letters of recommendation (including one from the NGO Board Chair indicating that the board is aware and approves of the applicant’s participation in the fellowship)
– 3-5 page (double space, 12pt font with one-inch margins) personal statement that includes, but not limited to, the reason for participating in the fellowship and anticipated fellowship objectives that the applicant seeks to achieve
Interested applicants are to check the official website for the proper Application procedures. Visit the official announcement page for more details. To start your application, Click the apply now button below.